Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 272




Today was a perfect day. Truly it was. I even had a tooth filled and it wasn't hard. Today was a perfect day.



Today it was 80 degrees on September 29th. I sat and ate my lunch and wrote atop Poets' Seat. There was some animal making a rattling noise. I couldn't figure out what it was.



Is it a squirrel or raccoon or something else?
Whispy white clouds are blowing across from the west
and a car door slams
someone is whistling for their dog to come
There's the hawk's cry.



I figure I've been given a 6 month reprieve to allow me to ccomplete my projects before I have to find a full time job for the next 8 years. In that six months I'd like to create a healthy routine and I need a space where I can work.



Woodpecker close at hand, I just heard a frog croak, a tohee, where is the frog?



Noontime walkers shuffle by my silence
and I can't tell if the far off screams
are in the hospital or middle school.
Crows cah
and engines run

and I feel the pull of the lull of the need to sleep.

An airplane
I think the yelling is from the hospital
someone's life in crisis
while I sit above
looking down in calm.

A whistle blows
how much longer will I be able
to bring my lunch
and watch the world run by?
Four birds call out
I can identify three
Recess is over, noon hour gone by.
What is the diffence between a broad hawk
and a redtail's vocals?

No comments:

Post a Comment