Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 171



Alright, I have spent an entire day by myself. Yup, it is true. I am packed and with the exception of banking, I am ready to go. Which brings me to the topic of tonight. I am going away. I am going to California with Emma. I am very happy and looking forward to it. I will take a lot of photos and I will write, but I will do it on paper and post photos in 9 days or so. It is a vacation for www.wonanl, too. At least practically it is, in reality I will do it daily, you just won't be able to enjoy until later.




Many of you know that I have spent the past couple weeks trying to photograph this pair of hummingbirds that are visiting my feeder. They are fast little ones, but today, as I sat in the lawn chair staring at the feeder the male came up and sat on the top of the post and then hung around. I just snapped, I didn't even really look, I just snapped. So out of 25 shots there maybe 4 or 5 worth looking at, but I did it. Then I went and looked up hummingbird in my medicine wheel card book and what he stands for is joy, "go experience joy."





Therefore, I'm off to experience joy. I love Pt Reyes, I feel centered in Pt Reyes. I'm hoping Emma has the same response to it. My Mom and I had a good visit on Friday, we got some time to say, see ya. She believes she will be around to hear my stories when I return. I'm taking her at her word, but I also feel at peace about going far away. Mommy, you be at peace, too. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment