Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 155



Two of the neighborhood kids graduated from high school today. When I moved into this house they were 4. Time is just plain amazing. Anyway, I loaned my neighbor my camera so that he could take good pictures of his daughter's graduation. I was glad to do it. He came and got it this morning and I got dressed and went out to take care of my errands, cameraless. Oh my God, I was naked. I have spent 154 straight days with it around my neck and it felt very odd not to have it. My friends were laughing at me.



What I realized later is that what I really missed was my Friday drive. I've been doing so much extra during the week that it has been months since I got in the car and went and looked at beautiful things. So when I got up from a little nap I went and got my camera and headed off to old haunts.






Then I got a surprise visit from Patrick and dinner and a trip up to Poet's Seat to watch the sunset. A good day all in all.


No comments:

Post a Comment