Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 163



Last year we threw Mom a big 90th birthday party. The entire family came plus a handful of really important friends. It was a wonderful party and we've all told stories about the day all year long. This year we broke up into little groups and celebrated Mom's birthday in a quieter, more manageable way. Today I had lunch with her and a few of those important friends again. It was really nice. She sat at the head of the table and followed everything and inspired us all. It is hard to describe why, accept that Geoff is right, she is the Indian Chief.




Kora was with us. She too is inspirational at the grand age of 18. Not only is she beautiful inside and out, but she is thorough in her thinking, she sees so much of the connection between elements. I love listening to her talk about her adventures. She wows people without knowing it.



Dori and Earl are both doing well.


My Mom's good friends Arthur and Rick were there. Arthur has known me since I was 2. He has always been a fan and visa versa. Annie has been a member of the family since 1964. There really is something different about relating to people you have known for that long. We were laughing at the fact that I am looking to change careers 6 years before most people think about retiring, but when we looked around the table, it made perfect sense that I wouldn't think turning 60 would be the end of my careers.




I have had good models in my life. Today I felt comfortable on the ladder of models. I think I am a model for Kora, I hope a good one. And Mom and Arthur have both been good models for me. I feel blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Lindy. I can feel that day with you guys. As you say, models and family going back to the beginning.

    ReplyDelete