Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 158



June 7th, unbelievable.


This picture of Emma was taken June 7, 2009, at Kora's graduation from Putney. She put those shorts on the other day, they were really tight. So much has happened, but the one way that Kora's graduation acts as a benchmark for me is that I remember I knew I wanted to put effort into learning to be a better photographer. I think I took some pictures that day that I knew were good, and made me want to be better. I also think it was one of those benchmarks that make adults say, oh my God, time is passing.

A week later we celebrated Mom's 90th. What a wonderful party that was. And we were surrounded by everyone. Really nice. June is one of those months, it is loaded with celebrations and anniversaries, and in my family, birthdays. It is also lovely.





I did have a special thing happen today. I had dinner with a woman whom I haven't seen since she was 11. I met Corri when she was 10 minutes old. I saw her regularly for the first 11 years of her life. What she remembers the most is the dogs. Loudy loved Corri, she was one of the babies that she guarded. Then Corri's Mom moved away and it has been 13 years. Thank you Corri for visiting me, it made me happy.


Corri and her husband, Kyo



Oh yeah, that does mean that Mom is going to be 91 this week. Holy cow, time goes by, and you just never know what it will bring.



2 comments: