Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 157



This was an interesting day to try to document. Every bone in my body was telling me to hibernate. But I couldn't because I had three advisees graduating today. I'm so proud of them. They beat the odds, and they beat them well. YAY girls. So, I had to get myself up, which I did. I did not however, put on a cap and gown and march, instead I played photographer. I took almost 300 photos and threw half away. Very interesting process.



Part of this event was the uncertainty of the weather. There were tornado warnings and there we all stood in a giant tent with metal poles every so often. Very interesting for a bunch of adult educated people to do. But the rain held off until almost the end and the lightening and thunder never happened during the ceremony. What did happen is that it got really dark and made it almost impossible to get a decent shot.




The rain came just as we were ending and students marched out of the tent into the open arms and umbrellas of their loved ones. That was nice. I hugged my grads and headed out to Northfield.

Emma and a friend were hanging with the animals. The ducks have grown to 4 times their size. They are so amazing. They have a little kiddy pool for them and they all are swimming together. The chicks aren't as big, but they are gaining their new feathers. Oh my God, what a different world. And Roy sat by me and watched this whole scene, biting at a few flies, other than that at peace with his role as watcher over all.











Now, I would love to tell you that after such a lovely day I came home and my depression had lifted and everything is super grand. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, but I certainly am grateful for lots of stuff tonight. Really I am. What a lovely day? What a nice thing to have happen to my students and their families? And how nice it is to get to know chickens and ducks.

Good night everyone, roses on your pillows.


No comments:

Post a Comment