Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 217




A day, another day, a day of friendship, of beauty, of humidity, and rain, of old old friends, memories, oh lots of memories and the on going feeling that something has changed.




I went to a very special luncheon today with old friends and a new friend. Food was great, stories were great, chatter, tears, sarcasm and love.






Introspective, I have tried to be introspective all year long, 217 days, and now I crave even more, even more reflection.





I went up onto Poet's Seat tonight and I watched the wind blow the humidity out and the temperature drop to a manageable level. Close friends coincidentally joined me and I remembered I live in a community of friends. I am not alone.





The sunset was beautiful and I tried taking the same photo every five minutes. I'm not sure if it is interesting or not.

Old friends...... a voice that was part of my childhood and that I had not heard since my Mother left Wilton........ it was like it was yesterday... I could just see him, although in my mind he was 50 and the truth is he is close to 85.

1 comment:

  1. So good to see you, talk to you and have a hug. So glad we found the time and place. Take good care Lindy. And keep posting!

    ReplyDelete